- Posted by agency-it
- On March 7, 2018
Do Your Research
Find a good recreational cannabis shop close to you. Look for a shop with a stellar reputation for customer service, knowledge of cannabis and is Clean Green certified. Pay close attention to reviews on leafly or weedmaps when looking for a reliable shop.
Learning all you can about cannabis will make your first purchase far easier. Do plenty of research, especially about:
- Cannabinoids, especially THC and CBD
- Difference between Sativa, Indica and Hybrid strains
- Methods of consumption (smoke, vape, edible and topical)
- Fully understand concentrates and the different forms they take (cartridge, wax, rosin, sugar, RSO, crumble, etc.)
Prepare for Your Visit
1. Grab your ID. You won’t be able to enter a cannabis shop without proving you’re of legal age.
2. Withdraw enough money in cash to avoid lines and fees at the in-store ATM
3. Check out the menu online to get an idea what the store carries.
4. Prepare questions for the budtender
You May Have to Wait
Shopping for cannabis isn’t like a trip to a convenience store. Some dispensaries have waiting rooms where you can sit and relax until your name is called. In others, you can browse the full selection while waiting to speak to budtender. If you’re unsure of what you’re expected to do, feel free to ask the staff. Remember-Everybody has a first time!
You Need to Buy Paraphernalia Separately
You can’t buy pipes, bongs rolling papers or the like in the same places you can buy cannabis. Luckily there are plenty of places you can purchase these.
Don’t Be Afraid to Browse
There are so many new cannabis products available in Seattle. Don’t make the rookie mistake of going straight to the flowers without exploring all of the exciting concentrates, edibles, and topicals the shop has to offer!
There May Be Marijuana Specials
Take advantage of store specials as an opportunity to try strains you’ve never had before at a reduced price. Don’t forget to ask your budtender about any specials that may be unadvertised.
Once your first purchase is out of the way, it’s finally time to enjoy your legal cannabis! Here are just a few parting words of wisdom for first timers:
- Be responsible and obey the laws
- Don’t overdo it. Start low and go slow
- Don’t drive stoned. Ever.
- Experiment with different strains and methods of consumption and pay attention to the effects of each
- Drink plenty of water
- Relax. It’s legal!